Monday, March 22, 2010

Nancy Pelosi: One of the Most Powerful Women in American History


I must admit my appreciation for Nancy Pelosi came halfway through the healthcare fun, when I could see her kicking major butt, when I could see how the republicans agonized over her tenacity, when I saw how she whipped. Was she good or what? She's easy to dismiss as eccentric and weird, but she's grown on me. I hope she gets her due.
"Most powerful woman in American history?" "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer asked Pelosi today, citing an article in The Economist. Pelosi, maintaining the smiling poker player's mask that is her trademark, paused for a moment before saying brightly, "That sounds good. I don't, I don't take it personally, except I take it as a compliment for all women." ABC Watch it here.
Read Pelosi's guide to healthcare here.