Monday, March 10, 2008

Obama: I'm NOT Running For Vice President

finally. maybe this will get the clintons to stop their shenanigans.

cnn: "Senator Clinton is fighting hard. She's tenacious. I respect her for that. She is working hard to win the nomination. But I want everybody to be absolutely clear. I'm not running for vice president. I'm running for president of the United States of America," Obama told supporters during a rally in Columbus, Mississippi.

from NYT: COLUMBUS, Miss. – Senator Barack Obama implored voters here today to discount the political chatter about him joining the Democratic presidential ticket with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, declaring: “I don’t know how somebody who’s in second place can offer the vice presidency to someone who’s in first place.”
“If I’m not ready, how is it that you think I should be such a great vice president?” Mr. Obama said. “Do you understand that?”
In a town meeting here, one day before the Mississippi primary, Mr. Obama sought to aggressively knock down the discussion stirred by Mrs. Clinton and former President Bill Clinton that the deadlocked Democratic nominating fight could be resolved by giving him the No. 2 position. It was the most expansive answer he has ever given on the subject, with his tone ranging from stern to mocking to sarcastic.
“With all due respect, I’ve won twice as many states as Senator Clinton,” Mr. Obama said, speaking over the applause of nearly 2,000 people who rose from their seats. “I’ve won more of the popular vote than Senator Clinton. I have more delegates than Senator Clinton.”
For nearly a week now, the Clintons have not-so-subtly raised the prospect of Mr. Obama joining the ticket. It would be an “unstoppable force,” Mr. Clinton told a weekend audience in Mississippi, with Mr. Obama winning over urban and upscale voters and Mrs. Clinton winning rural areas and Reagan Democrats.
The Obama campaign dismissed the offer as a way to marginalize their candidate. And on Monday, Mr. Obama devoted several minutes of a speech here to the topic.
... read the rest
Obama Widely Underestimated
It's Still Over For Clinton