Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shepard Fairey's New Obama Poster


get the limited edition posters while they're at the artists for obama gallery. shepard is an obama supporter and he's donated his time and talent to support the cause.
shepard's statement:
"I wanted to make an art piece of Barack Obama because I thought an iconic portrait of him could symbolize and amplify the importance of his mission. I believe Obama will guide this country to a future where everyone can thrive and I should support him vigorously for the sake of my two young daughters. I have made art opposing the Iraq war for several years, and making art of Obama, who opposed the war from the start, is like making art for peace. I know I have an audience of young art fans and I'm delighted I can encourage them to see the merits of Barack Obama." - Shepard Fairey
you can find shepard at obey giant. he is perhaps best known for his "andre the giant" poster.