Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fox Shows Going Rouge Not Going Rogue

I guess we're going to have Sarah hoopla til the cows come home.
In a way, I kind of wish Palin could be president, but not until Obama serves another term and we get our ducks in a row. I'd like to see how an "ordinary" person would handle the presidency. It would be a great social experiment. I'd hope she'd pick someone "ordinary," like an Alaskan fisherperson, as vice president as well. Maybe in office she would grow intellectually. Then again, she might follow in Nixon's footsteps and resign under pressure.
In the Barbara Walters interview, Palin used Dick's terminology and said Obama is "dithering" in Afghanistan. In the interview, she's clearly shaking in her boots. She starts adding words to ends of sentences as punctuation. It's fascinating that she's clueless on international issues, and clearly nervous when speaking on that topic, but she never backs off. She always speaks her mind. Her ignorance never seems to dawn on her or any of the people who like her. They seem to like her for her family values. No one ever cites her intelligence on foreign policy. I suppose it boils down to the fact that her followers think so little of government that they just don't know any better.

I had to listen to this a few times before I could figure out what she was saying but I think she's saying she wants to cut off Iran's supply of oil from Iraq. I'm not an elitist by any means. I'm more ordinary than Sarah, but I like Obama for the simple fact that he can pronounce Iraq.