Tuesday, November 25, 2008

McCain: Most Americans Saw Palin as a Breath of Fresh Air

Is he nuts?
McCain shouldn't be saying stuff like this. It just shows how truly out of touch he is. I'm so thankful, 2 days before Thanksgiving, that it is Obama owning our economic woes and tackling them head on. I feel reassured, despite the fact that the economy is bleak.
"….I knew that she would be an energizing factor, because she energized me," he added. "Our base, and most Americans, viewed Governor Palin as a breath of fresh air."

Taking a look back at the presidential contest, he said his campaign was dealt a fatal blow when public focus shifted from foreign policy to the faltering economy. “The American people — and I respect that decision, I don’t in any way criticize it – [decided] that the economy was of vital importance. And it is,” he said.

He also told reporters: “We worked hard, and we inspired a lot of people, Sarah Palin and I. I think we look back with pride."

At the press conference, he also says Americans want fiscal conservatism. That's right. I'm all for reining in the budget. But I'm glad it's Obama with his scalpel and not McCain with his hatchet.