Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama Shuts Down Reporter: I Like To Know What I'm Talking About

Great press conference.
Obama reiterated themes of persistence and incremental change. But for some, change isn't happening soon enough. When CNN reporter Ed Henry, in a candy cane tie, asked why it took Obama 2 days to talk about the AIG bonuses, Obama said: I like to know what I'm talking about. It was rich. Twitterverse loved it.
Obama also gave a thoughtful answer to a Washington Times reporter on embryonic stem cells. Obama said he considers the ethics and that science isn't the final arbiter of what's right and wrong, but in this case, the vast majority agree, the right thing to do is to find cures for diseases like Parkinsons.
Oh yeah, forgot one goodie--Chuck Todd wasted a question and asked Obama why he hasn't asked Americans to sacrifice anything? To which I thought and Obama said: Americans are sacrificing, jobs, work-life balance, 401ks....