Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cantor Skips Obama for Britney Spears Concert

It's not so much that he skipped Obama's press conference, and it's not so much that he attended a concert, it's that he went to a Britney Spears concert. Not slamming Britney, but that seems a little unseemly, especially when Obama was speaking to the nation. I would've figured entertainers like Britney would be a little too risque for conservatives. 
HP: Rep. Eric Cantor is unimpressed with all the uproar over the revelation that he attended a Britney Spears concert while President Barack Obama convened the second primetime news conference of his presidency.

"I don't know why that's an issue whatsoever," said the House Minority Whip. "There was a concert and I had a political event at that concert. Look, that is why I was there."
From the Takeaway:
John Hockenberry: Politico is making a big deal about the fact that you showed up at the Britney Spears concert on Tuesday night, do you have a comment on that?

Rep. Eric Cantor: I don’t know why that’s an issue whatsoever. There was a concert and I had a political event at that concert. Look, that is why I was there.

John Hockenberry: Don’t feel bad about it. Your daughters would probably be thrilled, if you have daughters.

Rep. Eric Cantor: I think my daughter really was mad that she wasn’t there.