Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Michelle Obama Puts on Her "Acting Cape"

Michelle Obama was in Los Angeles yesterday. Today, she's in Oakland and San Francisco.
Director J.J. Abrams, whose film “Super 8” dominated the weekend box office, moderated the event and couldn’t resist slipping in an unrelated question. "Mrs. Obama, what’s happening on the set of iCarly today?" Abrams asked.

Mrs. Obama replied, "Well let’s say I’m the coolest mom on the face of the planet.”

The creative team behind the hit Nickelodeon show convinced Mrs. Obama to make a guest appearance. Carly, the lead character, is the daughter of a military officer serving overseas.

The first lady praised the show for integrating military-related themes into its storylines. She said her daughters love to watch iCarly – that means the pressure was on.

“I’m going to put on my acting cape," the first lady said. "I’ve been memorizing my lines – I am terrified." Read more at KPCC