Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rupert Grint Awed by Michelle Obama


Rupert Grint, who plays Ron in the Harry Potter movies (new movie coming out folks!), says he was taken with Michelle Obama when she and the kids visited the set:
When I meet Grint, he’s come from the Harry Potter set near Watford, where filming has been on hold to welcome First Lady Michelle Obama.
‘I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect.
‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.”’ Mail