Thursday, June 25, 2009

For Once Just Toss The Cheat

This is part of Jenny Stanford's statement:
This trial separation was agreed to with the goal of ultimately strengthening our marriage. During this short separation it was agreed that Mark would not contact us. I kept this separation quiet out of respect of his public office and reputation, and in hopes of keeping our children from just this type of public exposure. Because of this separation, I did not know where he was in the past week.

I believe enduring love is primarily a commitment and an act of will, and for a marriage to be successful, that commitment must be reciprocal. I believe Mark has earned a chance to resurrect our marriage.

Psalm 127 states that sons are a gift from the Lord and children a reward from Him. I will continue to pour my energy into raising our sons to be honorable young men. I remain willing to forgive Mark completely for his indiscretions and to welcome him back, in time, if he continues to work toward reconciliation with a true spirit of humility and repentance. RCP
She sounds like an honorable and religious woman with good intentions. She has four children so it's understandable why she'd want to work on her marriage.
But for once, I'd like to see one of these women just toss the guy. She could do it with grace and dignity. Or not.
I suppose it's a wise woman that hangs on to her cheating spouse, especially if he has other redeeming qualities, because men cheat, so starting from scratch wouldn't be any fun. Men, especially politicians, have yet to rise above their biology.
The GOP is standing by their man. Rush Limbaugh is hurt.