Thursday, April 14, 2011

Obama Says Birtherism Hurts GOP

President Obama: Well you know, I think that over the last two and a half years there's been an effort to go at me in a way that is politically expedient in the short-term for Republicans. But creates, I think a problem for them when they want to actually run in a general election where most people feel pretty confident the President was born where he says he was, in Hawaii. (LAUGHS) He-- he doesn't have horns. We may disagree with him on some issues and we may wish that you know, the unemployment rate was coming down faster and we want him to know his plan on gas prices. But we're not really worrying about conspiracy theories or-- or birth certificates. And so-- I-- I think it presents a problem for them. But, look I right now have such a big day job that I am not yet focused on what's happening on the other side. There'll be a time where I'm-- I'm very focused on it. ABC
Read part 1 of Obama's interview with George S. and part 2.