Thursday, February 18, 2010

Alleged Plane Crasher Joe Stack's Apparent Suicide Note

Psychologists say when women are mentally ill, they are likely to take it out on themselves, but mentally ill men take it out on others. It's why men often kill their families when they're distressed. Stack did software work for Hughes Aircraft, Warner Bros. and others. See his company site, embedded art, which has now been taken down at the request of the FBI.
Olliver Willis has the scoop: An excerpt from Joseph Stack's apparent suicide note:
I know I’m hardly the first one to decide I have had all I can stand. It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it
isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change. I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough.
I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less. I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable double standard, knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian restrictions people wake up and begin to see the pompous political thugs and their mindless minions for what they are. Sadly, though I spent my entire life trying to believe it wasn’t so, but violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer. The cruel joke is that the really big chunks of shit at the top have known this all along and have been laughing, at and using this awareness against, fools like me all along. I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.
....
The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to
his need.
The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according
to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)
02/18/2010
Read more
CNN's tracking.
The IRS said it's trying to account for 190 people in the building:
The Internal Revenue Service said it is trying to account for all 190 of its employees that work in a building in Austin, Texas, that was hit by a small plane.

“We are still in the process of accounting for all of our employees,” the agency said in a statement. The employees worked in the Echelon 1 building, the agency said.

Spokesmen for the Obama administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security said that initial indications show no ties to terrorism.

“It does not appear to be terrorism,” White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters traveling with President Barack Obama on Air Force One today. The Department of Homeland Security “is looking at all angles.” Read more at Bloomberg