Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Loveless and Twisted Osama bin Laden

Bin Laden was a brute of a father. This statement from bin Laden's son Omar, who wrote "Growing up bin Laden" describes most extremists--they love to hate: "My father hated his enemies more than he loved his sons."
The mother and son write that the kids grew up in Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Afghanistan without laughter or toys, were routinely beaten, and lost their pets to painful death from poison gas experiments by their father's fighters.

When they became young adults, their father asked them to volunteer for suicide missions. When Omar protested, bin Laden was quoted as replying: "You hold no more a place in my heart than any man or boy in the entire country. This is true for all my sons."

It was then, Omar recounted, that he "finally knew exactly where I stood. My father hated his enemies more than he loved his sons." Read more at MSNBC
With all that's happened lately, the CIA attacks, the underwear bomber, I'm thinking bin Laden is going to be captured in short order. The CIA must be rip roaring ready to finally get this guy.