Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brown Says He Won't Always Vote With Republicans

I hope this guy is for real. If he is, he could lead the republicans out of their "NO!" slump. It's that or they're going to pressure him to be like them. Brown will be on This Week on Sunday with Barbara Walters, who will be anchoring. That ought to be interesting.
Scott Brown says he has already told Senate Republican leaders they won't always be able to count on his vote. The man who staged an upset in last week's Massachusetts Senate special election, in part by pledging to be the 41st GOP vote against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, told The Associated Press in an interview Thursday that he staked his claim in early conversations with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Whip Jon Kyl.

"I already told them, you know, `I got here with the help of a close group of friends and very little help from anyone down there, so there'll be issues when I'll be with you and there are issues when I won't be with you,'" Brown said Thursday during the half-hour interview. "So, I just need to look at each vote and then make a proper analysis and then decide." AP