Monday, September 01, 2008

Obama on Palin Pregnancy Announcement

Politico: Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

The only issue the Palin pregnancy raises is hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of opposing sex education, the hypocrisy of parading your family as a high example of American-ness. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. It also shows McCain's lack of judgement.