Monday, September 29, 2008

McCain Blames Bailout Failure on Obama

I walked away from the computer for a few hours today and what happens, the stock market jumps off a cliff. Big babies on Wall Street.

I have to admit being sort of happy that the bailout failed. I don't trust George Bush. I think we're bailing out a lifestyle. I'd like to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. I'm on the fence really.

Minutes ago, McCain blamed the failure of the bailout bill on partisanship. It's all Obama's fault, he said. I paraphrased but that's pretty much what he said. Then he said congress should act immediately. I don't think I could stand listening to him for four years. McCain has no ability whatsoever to inspire.

Meanwhile, Obama is leading the way:
Sen. Barack Obama expressed confidence Monday that lawmakers would come through with a financial rescue package, while John McCain's campaign accused Obama and Democrats of putting "politics ahead of country."

Sen. Barack Obama says he thinks lawmakers will be able to get a rescue package through Congress.

Obama told voters at a campaign event in Denver, Colorado, that it's important to "stay calm, because things are never smooth in Congress."

"There are going to be some bumps and trials and tribulations and ups and downs before we get this rescue package done," he said. "I'm confident that we are going to get there, but it's going to be a little rocky."

Shortly before Obama's event, the House of Representatives rejected a $700 billion plan to bail out the financial system, putting a roadblock in front of the largest government intervention in the market since the Great Depression.

Why the bailout failed.

McCain's version of events