Wednesday, September 03, 2008

McCain Says Speech Will Make Palin

Wasn't it McCain who said a speech is just words?
NYT: Senator John McCain defended his choice of Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate in an interview with ABC News, predicting that her speech tonight would win over skeptics and persuade Americans of her abilities.

He also hammered away at Senator Barack Obama’s experience, criticizing his Democratic opponent on several points and contending that Ms. Palin was more qualified for national office because of her leadership positions in government.

Here are some excerpts:
"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

She's got guts. Moose guts.