Monday, September 08, 2008

Bush and Cheney Wild About Palin

Mark their words. Cheney:
"I thought her appearance at the convention was superb,'' the vice president added. "Watched that with great interest. I loved some of her lines. What was the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? It's lipstick," he said, laughing. "I think she's a good candidate and I don't see any reason why she can't be an effective vice president."

I didn't know Cheney laughed.
Bush:
President Bush sees "a very dynamic, capable, smart woman'' in Sarah Palin, which tells him that John McCain has "made an inspired pick'' in running mates.

"She's had executive experience,'' the president says of his party's vice presidential nominee, a first-term governor of Alaska and former mayor of Wasilla, "and that's what it takes to be a capable person here in Washington, D.C. in the executive branch.''