Monday, July 14, 2008

McCain Learning the Internet

Talk about training wheels. McCain doesn't even know enough to realize he should just hush because he's sounding ridiculous. The Internet, or going online, isn't that deep or mysterious. Anyone can do it. I hurt for him. I had to look a few times to make sure this wasn't satire. How could a president do his or her job without the Internet?

Politico: John McCain says in an interview published this weekend that he has begun learning the wonders of the World Wide Web, but does not yet e-mail or have a BlackBerry.

The revelation, while putting McCain far behind the majority of Americans in tech savvy, is a big change from his admission this winter that he was “illiterate” when it came to computers.

“I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself,” McCain told Adam Nagourney and Michael Cooper of The New York Times.

“I don’t expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need.”
Read the rest. It show's his progress and visiting his daughter's blog.