Friday, February 13, 2009

Bill Maher Is A Goober

How I despise pundits -- both on the left and the right.
I can't bear to watch Keith Olbermann anymore. I could never stand Rush. Both ends of the pundit spectrum have restricted thinking. They want their republicans in one box and their democrats in another. Obama's thinking outside of the box and those on the left and the right can't stand it.
Obama's attempting to make change and people are hyperventilating. Judd Gregg withdrew and that's a good thing because republican or not, the guy is a flake. But at least Obama was bold enough to even consider a republican for the position.
Here is Bill Maher saying Obama has a lot to learn. As if Maher would know. Obama's way smarter than any of these goobers.
CNN: Larry King: A big story today, Bill. I wonder your reaction to it. Judd Gregg, the senator from New Hampshire, says I will take the job [commerce secretary]. They do a beautiful little press conference. And the president announces how close they've been through the years without agreeing. And now he quits today. ...

Bill Maher: I was crushed because, you know, having found out who Judd Gregg was two days ago, the idea that now I'm not going to have him to talk about was just devastating to me. Judd Gregg. Wow! ...

King: Well, why do you -- why would you think he took it and then didn't take it?

Maher: Well, because it's a big Washington job. I think it probably was a pay increase and a status increase and I'm in the Cabinet. And then I guess his Republican friends got to him -- you know, like the mob.

But, you know, I think Obama is learning, and he certainly is the smartest guy we've had there that I can remember. But there's always a learning curve.

And I think what he's learning, first of all, is that there's no such thing as a moderate Republican anymore, is there?