Monday, June 02, 2008

Florida and Michigan Superdelegates for Obama

from the obama camp. remember florida and michigan supers count as half-- for now.
Sen. Barack Obama picked up another superdelegate during his visit today to Troy High School.

Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence, who is a superdelegate because of her role with the National Conference of Mayors, said it's time for the Democratic Party to unite behind Obama.

I was undecided, but he's worked hard to show that he's the best candidate," Lawrence said before Obama arrived at the high school, where 2,000 supporters waited in excited anticipation for the probable Democratic presidential nominee.


Michigan Education Association President Lu Battaglieri says he also is endorsing Obama. That gives Obama seven Michigan superdelegates, tying the number rival Hillary Rodham Clinton has in the state.


...DNC member and Florida Democratic Party Secretary Janee Murphy told The Palm Beach Post this afternoon that she would support Barack Obama.

Today I am officially a Florida delegate and I think it is essential now to unite behind Senator Obama to defeat Senator McCain in the fall. I am ready now to pick up the tools that we have been given by coming together and moving forward to secure Florida for the Democrats. With Florida and Michigan a part of the equation that there is no doubt in my mind that we can come together and it is my job now to hit the ground running and help deliver Florida. As a single African American mother, I feel personally about securing a better future for my daughter, and I truly believe Senator Obama will bring the kind of change our country needs.