Sunday, February 17, 2008

Obama's Uphill Battle in Ohio

where apparently racism and sexism abounds. (i know this isn't all of ohio)
some quotes from a single washington post story.
if you read the comments on political stories in ohio, you'll see unabashed rasism. disheartening really.
"A minority president or a woman president -- both are hard sells in Lima," Huenke said. "But Hillary's easier, because you also get Bill. When you're thinking politics around here, you've got to be practical."

"Everybody's riled up and angry, and we don't even know what happened yet," said Carolyn Pennington, 67, a white woman who has lived in Lima for 35 years. "I was taking my grandson downtown to McDonald's, and I looked in my rearview mirror and my heart about stopped. There was a black guy riding my bumper, looking mean. I was terrified, and this old lady doesn't scare easy."

Pennington told Huenke that she had just returned from the grocery store, where she overheard a young woman gushing about Obama. In the checkout line, Pennington confronted the woman. "Do you know his middle name?" she asked. "It's Hussein. Hussein."
Now, recounting the exchange, Pennington sighed. "It bothers me that these Obama people don't even know anything about him," she said. "They just don't know.

hope in ohio


Obama newspaper endorsements
Obama artwork
Yes We Can Lyrics
Upcoming primary and caucus schedule
Delegate tracker
Everything barack obama
Imagine President Obama
Blueprint for change

what are presidential qualities?
Roosevelt was called inexperienced.
Historians for Obama
My.BarackObama.com/call