Thursday, March 04, 2010

Weiner and Stupak Good Sign for Healthcare

When I saw these two names--Anthony Weiner, who spends way too much time on TV, and Bart Stupak, I figured they'd still be blocking healthcare. I figured Weiner would still be lamenting the public option and Stupak would be pushing for abortion language. He sort of does. But overall, they appear to be on board.

Well, maybe not. Stupak has said all sorts of things today, which makes me believe that he's trying to use the media to get his way. I don't know what in the world he's looking for, as far as abortion language. After listening to Stupak on an NPR interview today, he refused to say he'll vote against healthcare. In this video, a clip from above, it sure sounds like he won't vote for healthcare until he gets what he wants. I guess I'll keep holding my breath.