Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Will.I.Am Talks To Katie

Will.I.Am, who performed It's a New Day at the neighborhood ball, gets it.
"It's going to be very hard for the next four years."
I'm not sure that many people understand the concept of sacrifice. As is pointed out in the Joel Kotkin in the Arena at Politico, greed is a hard habit to break:
The biggest sacrifices have to come from those who can afford them the most- especially those who pilfered the economy. Yes, that means you, Wall Street and the whole trading industry. My fear is the sacrifices will be borne instead by the middle and upper-middle classes, particularly the self-employed. The uber-rich have many links to the new Administration- up to and including paying for yesterday's festivities.

Will.I.Am says he wants to continue to write songs that offer solutions, to continue to inspire the younger generation to participate. Will.I.Am, of course, wrote Yes We Can.