Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spider-Man Meets Obama 1st and 2nd Printings Sold Out

Spider-Man writer Wells and illustrator Nauck with my copy of the Amazing Spider-Man #583. 
Yes, I did. I waited in line for about an hour to get the first print of the Amazing Spider-Man -- the Obama variant #583, where it's already selling on eBay for as much as $200.
I waited because the creator Todd Nauck and the writer Zeb Wells were there to autograph the comic. I wasn't the only one. There was a long line and the store sold out. 
Nauck and Wells were incredibly nice, considering that I'm not a comic reader. They seemed to welcome their new audience of first-time comic buyers, people who just wanted a copy because it was the inauguration day edition. I have to admit, I haven't actually read it yet. But I will.
Apparently, Obama collected Spider-Man comics when he was young. 
CBL: The Amazing Spiderman #583 is ranked #46 in Amazon.com's Best Selling Books. That's Amazing! Spiderman shows up for Barack Obama's Presidential Inauguration. The Amazing Spiderman #583 will feature a 5 page back-up story of Spider-Man meeting Barack Obama also.

One of the most sought after and collected comic books Ever, The Amazing Spiderman #583 - Spiderman Meets Barack Obama - will no doubt break all records. Not only in Comic Book Sales, but in all around book sales as this comic book is a History Making celebration of the Inauguration of the First Black President of the United States of America - Barack Hussein Obama! Read more at Comic Book Listings

This is the last page, where Obama and Spidey share a fist bump.