Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bill Ayers Speaks: I Wish I Knew Him Better

One of the greatest parts of winning this election is none of this silly stuff matters. I feel sorry for the people who fell for it. I'm so grateful that America turned out to be wiser than the republican smear machine.
MSNBC: CHICAGO - In his first interview since he became an issue in the 2008 presidential campaign, Bill Ayers, the former Weather Underground leader, said Tuesday that he had a distant relationship with Barack Obama and that Obama's opponents had turned him into "a cartoon character."

Ayers, now an education professor at the University of Illinois-Chicago, said he thought the accusation by Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin that Obama had been "palling around with terrorists" was absurd.

"Pal around together? What does that mean? Share a milkshake with two straws?" Ayers said. "I think my relationship with Obama was probably like thousands of others in Chicago. And, like millions and millions of others, I wish I knew him better."