Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Winning Over Hillary Supporters Tough - For McCain


Let me say to Hillary supporters, the reasonable ones who are deciding between Obama and McCain, Obama will do right by the American people. 
I refer you to Scribd, to read Obama's policy documents. Of course everything is on his website as well. To get some perspective on who Obama is, I'd recommend reading Dreams From My Father.
Do your own research. The PUMAs, they're going to go down like toddlers, kicking and screaming on an important day in history.
NY Daily News: "Before I came here, I was a die-hard Hillary Clinton fan," Mark Sollars, 19, told McCain at a town hall meeting.
"She's no longer in the race, and I'm deciding now on you and Sen. Obama," Sollars said. "Quite frankly, I'm not sure where you stand on issues for younger citizens like myself."
Desperate to win over the Clinton voters who beat Obama by 10 points in April's Pennsylvania primary, McCain went into full-frontal pander mode.
He thanked the young man for being there and urged him to come to another rally - and bring all his friends. "I'd love to meet and discuss with them" their concerns, he said.
McCain said he was a big Clinton fan. "She ran a very good campaign that inspired young women and people all over America," he said. "I need to do a better job - I'll give you straight talk - with the young voters of America," McCain added.