Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cindy McCain's Sister Voting Obama

Here's a gossipy little item. Who knew she had a sister? But I guess that's the point. 
Swamp: That's what Kathleen Hensley Portalski tells Usmagazine.com. "I'm not voting for McCain," Portalski tells Us. "I have a different political standpoint... I'm voting for Obama. I think his proposals to improve the country are more positive and I'm not a big war believer."

Cindy McCain, 54, likes to say she is an only child -- and she is the only daughter of the late Jim and Marguerite Hensley. Her father founded the Anheuser-Busch distributorship in Pheonix which is the source of her wealth today.

But Portalski, 65, was born of Jim Hensley and his first wife.

In an interview with NPR News' All Things Considered last week, Portalski said that she had felt "like a non-person" after Cindy McCain had described herself as an "only child." Portalksi calls her half-sister: "kinda cool, standoffish.''