Sunday, July 06, 2008

Obama AME Missouri Video

Obama: "Coming to the church is not new to me. It's not part of a political strategy."
With Obama's outspoken religious beliefs it's amazing that people still think he's a Muslim. I had the opportunity to talk to a few people last week who happen to think Islam is a bad religion -- not just radical Islamists but the entire religion. 
These were otherwise regular people, not brilliant, not stupid, but this belief, that George Bush nurtured, is why people call Obama a Muslim. On freerepublic.com, they're even spreading the rumor that Obama wasn't born in the U.S.
Ultimately, these folks think that this is the modern day war between Christianity and Islam. Sorry, to those readers who already knew this, but I was severely enlightened on this topic. I understand where they're coming from but I still don't understand the ignorance.