Friday, January 28, 2005

Microsoft blues

Well, it's seven days since uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 2. I uninstalled it because it was making my computer behave strangely. Now, my computer sits unused, unable to run. All it does is turn on and turn off. I can't even get it to operate in safe mode. Microsoft said they'd send an XP CD within 7-10 days. I thought that since their software killed my computer, they should overnight it to me. They said I was lucky to be getting their $250 piece of software. Meanwhile, I use a borrowed computer for the basics but my work is on my computer. I haven't been able to contact anyone other than customer service at Microsoft. Customer service is a call center. Granted, they've been helpful but I'd like to talk to a head honcho. I now despise Microsoft.