Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Obama's 'Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters' Book Out in November



"Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters" is out Nov. 16. Note that the proceeds of the book will go toward a scholarship fund for children of fallen and disabled soldiers:
Coming two weeks after Election Day, a book from President Barack Obama for some of the nation's nonvoters: inspirational stories for children about American pioneers.
"Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters" is a tribute to 13 groundbreaking Americans, from the first president, George Washington, to baseball great Jackie Robinson to artist Georgia O'Keeffe. It will be released Nov. 16 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Random House Children's Books, which will officially announce the new work Tuesday. Knopf declined to identify the other 10 subjects. AP