Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bush Will Aid Auto Industry

Bush speaks and speaks and speaks. He sure is getting in his last words.
He's considering all options to bailout Detroit's automakers:
CNN: President Bush said Tuesday that he is "considering all options" in aiding the U.S. auto industry because doing nothing could lead to further economic decline.

"A disorganized bankruptcy could create enormous economic difficulties, further economic difficulties," he said. "I feel a sense of obligation to my successor to make sure there is a not a huge economic crisis. Look, we're in a crisis now. We're in a huge recession, but I don't want to make it even worse."

On the shoe attack:
"I didn't have much time to reflect on anything, I was ducking and dodging," Bush said.

The journalist was "looking for notoriety," Bush said, adding that authorities shouldn't "overact" in their treatment of him.

"First of all, it's got to be one of the most weird moments of my presidency," he said. "Here I am, getting ready to answer questions from a free press in a democratic Iraq, and a guy stands up and throws his shoe. And it was bizarre, and it was an interesting way for a person to express himself."

He added, "I'm not angry with the system. I believe that a free society is emerging, and a free society is necessary for our own security and peace." there's more