Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Big Expectations of Obama


I don't know about you, but I realize that Obama is not the Messiah. I know he's got a heap of a mess to fix and it won't happen over night. I'm not impatient for change.

I'm content to know that there is a grownup in office who cares. I'm content to know that we have a president who speaks the English language so that people will understand. I'm content to know that Obama will do his best. I'm content to know that we've effectively fired Bush.
Some really nice photos.
MSNBC: WASHINGTON - Over and over, Barack Obama told voters if they stuck with him "we will change this country and change the world." They did, and now their expectations for him to deliver are firmly planted on his shoulders.

Many supporters greeted his victory with euphoria. Impatient for a new American era and overcome by a black man's historic ascension to the White House, they took his achievement for their own — weeping, dancing in the streets, blaring happy horns into Wednesday morning.

But campaign rhetoric soon collides with the gritty duties of governing, and hard realities stand in Obama's way.