Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Mother's Day Gift of John McCain

as a special gift to mccain's mother, vote john mccain. that's what cindy mccain says in the mccain campaign's goofy fundraising email:
It would be such a special Mother's Day gift to me and Roberta to see the man we know and love elected as our next President of the United States.
roberta is mccain's mama. she's a kick.
here's the whole email. i didn't know they were loaded with kids:
Sunday is Mother's Day and in our family, as well as in so many others, it is a day to give thanks to the mothers in our lives. Our family is especially thankful for John's mother, Roberta McCain. At ninety-six years old, she is still as active and delightful as ever and even joins us out on the campaign trail from time to time.
Recently, she and my husband, John, sat down to film an interview about his childhood. From this interview, our campaign has put together a special Mother's Day message from our family to yours. I hope you'll take a minute today to watch it by following this link.
Our family has been blessed with seven wonderful children: Doug, Andrew, Sidney, Meghan, Jack, Jimmy and Bridget. As a mother, I want to see that my children have every opportunity to succeed in life. When my husband, John, approached our family about running for president, I thought about the pros and cons of going back out on the campaign trail.
In the end, I knew that as a mother, I wanted my sons, who are both serving in the military, and my daughters to live in a country led by a president - a commander in chief - with the experience and courage to address the big issues our children will face in the future. I know that person is my husband, John McCain.
It would be such a special Mother's Day gift to me and Roberta to see the man we know and love elected as our next President of the United States. I hope you will take some time today to watch the video message of John and Roberta. After watching the video, I ask that you consider making a campaign contribution of whatever you can to our campaign.
I also hope you will take the time this Sunday (and every day) to show your love and thanks to the mothers in your life. I especially want to send special greetings to all those adoptive parents and foster parents. Thank you for your time; your support is deeply appreciated. Happy Mother's Day!