Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Obama Adds Two Superdelegates Today


see superdelegate add ons in sidebar
the first was south carolina democratic party chair carol fowler. what is a superdelegate? here's Up to date delegate tracker. the other superdelegate on board today:

Texas Democratic Party Vice Chair and Superdelegate Roy Laverne Brooks endorsed Barack Obama.
Her statement:
“As the current Vice Chair of the Texas Democratic Party, I’ve worked for more than 20 years within this structure to make a difference in the lives of those who have needed it the most, the average working, middle and lower income people of our state and our country.

“Having worked as a hospital and hospice Chaplain, I have seen firsthand the sorrow felt by families torn by the loss of loved ones and burdened by unaffordable health care. Many working 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 to 7 days a week, and still couldn’t keep up with rising health care costs. In working as a Chaplain, as a teacher, social worker, as a representative of the ideals that attracted me and many others to this party, I believe we must dream and desire better for our communities.

“I have listened to the words of many seeking to lead this Party and to lead this nation and I believe that the words, sincerity, vision and actions of Sen. Barack Obama prove he is the best candidate to lead our nation. Senator Barack Obama has gained my trust in that he, like I, seek to bring a better life to our communities. As I strive to make this a better place for future generations, I stand for a system of inclusion, a system of change and most of all a system of fairness and equality. Senator Obama will provide affordable health care for all Americans, end the war in Iraq and provide the care our veterans deserve, and I am proud to support him today.”